Levocetirizine dihydrochloride, is an orally active H1- receptor antagonist. Levocetirizine the active enantiomer of cetirizine is an antihistamine; its principal effects are mediated via selective inhibition of H1 receptors.
Leviva 5mg Tablet:
Each film-coated tablet contains: Levocetirizine Dihydrochloride 5mg
Leviva 2.5mg/5mL Syrup:
Each 5mL syrup contains: Levocetirizine Dihydrochloride 2.5mg
- Leviva (Levocetirizine) is indicated for the relief of symptoms associated with perennial allergic rhinitis in children 6 months to 2 years of age.
- Leviva (Levocetirizine) is indicated for the treatment of the uncomplicated skin manifestations of chronic idiopathic urticaria in adults and children 6 months of age and older.
DOSAGE AND ADMINISTRATION:
It can be taken without regard of food consumption.
Perennial Allergic Rhinitis:
Children 6 months to 2 years of age: The recommended initial dose of Leviva (Levocetirizine) is half teaspoon oral solution 1.25mg (2.5)mL once daily in the evening. The 1.25mg once daily dose should not be exceeded based on comparable exposure to adults receiving 5mg.
Chronic Idiopathic Urticaria:
Adults and children 12 years of age and older: The recommended dose of Leviva (Levocetirizine) is one tablet 5mg or 2 teaspoons (10mL) oral solution once daily in the evening.
Children 6 to 11 years of age:
The recommended dose of Leviva (Levocetirizine) is half tablet 2.5mg or 1 teaspoon (5mL) oral solution once daily in the evening.
Children 6 months to 5 years of age:
The recommended initial dose of Leviva (Levocetirizine) is half teaspoon 1.25 mg oral solution (2.5mL) once daily in the evening.
Dose Adjustment for Renal and Hepatic Impairment:
In adults and children 12 years of age and older with:
- Mild renal impairment (creatinine clearance [CLCR] = 50 – 80 mL/min; a dose of 2.5mg once daily is recommended.
- Moderate renal impairment (CLCR = 30 – 50 mL/min) a dose of 2.5mg once every other day is recommended.
- Severe renal impairment; (CLCR = 10-30mL/min) a dose of 2.5 mg twice weekly is recommended (once every 3 to 4 days).
- End stage renal disease patients: (CLCR = <10 mL/min) and patients undergoing hemodialysis should not receive Levocetirizine.
Levocetirizine is contraindicated in:
- Patients with known hypersensitivity to Levocetirizine or any of the ingredients of Leviva or to cetirizine. Observed reactions range from urticaria to anaphylaxis.
- Patients with end stage renal disease
- Children 6 months to 11 years of age with impaired renal function.
1. Leviva 5mg Tablets: Blister Pack of 10’s tablets
2. Leviva 2.5mg/5mL Syrup: Bottle of 60mL Syrup.